Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ian Brown on His Son, Walker

Ian Brown of the Globe and Mail has written a long piece entitled The Boy in the Moon about his severely disabled son, Walker. The article deals both with Walker's disability -- a rare condition called cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome (CFC) -- and Walker's relationship with those around him, in particular Brown and his wife Johanna.

The series is appearing on a weekly basis, and you can find the main page of it here.

(You can also find the interview I did several months ago with Brown here.)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:50 pm

    Bless you..I cannot express how the story of your son impacted me. I lost my first Son Daniel to a rare disorder . I have yet to meet someone like yourself and your wife . " He Made me A more Smpathetic Empathic Human being" Your Son is truly blessed. Deb

    mcgee2075@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete